Monday, December 12, 2011

Do you have to use your credit card to increase your limit?

I am starting to build my credit. . I want to increase my credit limit, but i don't really use the card since I can only use in that store. . . What do they look for when requesting a increase?|||The short answer to your question is no-you don't have to use it to increase your limit.


To give a case in point: last year I got a new card with a $3000 limit. I don't use it much. So I started getting letters from them to encourage me to use the card more. Finally, after getting several letters I called and told them that I don't like to use more than 25% of my available credit which in this case would be $750. I then told them I had just bought a new computer for about $2,000 and put in on another card because that card had a limit of over $10,000 which still kept me below my 25% self imposed threshold.


They raised my credit limit by $7,000 more so fast that it was funny. So no, you don't have to use it to increase the limit.|||To build your credit the best option for you to be is to get a general credit card. Use it at least once a month and make it a rare occurrence to go over spending 10% of the max amount. After a year of consistent payments, call the company and ask for an increase. Most companies increase once a year anyway. Make sure you are paying your other bills, loans. Don't overlook cell phone bills. Don't default on student loans either.|||There is your problem. When you said.


I only use it at "that" store.


You need a Visa or Mastercard to use all over.


But increasing your limit, unless you pay it off regurally.


It will just get you deeper into debt.


The larger your credit limit. The more you will have stolen, if


somebody else gets your card. Beware. %26lt;}:-})|||Yes you probably need to use it before they can consider you for an increase, but if you really dont buy anything from that store why don't you apply for a major credit card. Capital one was my first. I kinda like WaMu too cuz it shows your credit score every month.|||You need to show activity in order to request more. Why would they grant you more if you do not use what you have available? But, the key here is to use it but pay it off as soon as you can. If you do it in the first thirty, you have no interest with most cards.|||you have to have good payment history and make your payments on time. if you do that for a long time then they will increase your limit. especially if you keep paying all of it off all at one time.|||a history of on time payments they also generally increase limits around the holidays and also on the anniversary date of the card just always pay on time and at least the minium due|||Pay on time and pay more than the minimum payment. They will raise your limit every six months or year if you do that.|||It's increase slowly - I started with $250 and it went up to $4K within 2 years. I haven't used it for 2 years and it's up beyond $40K.|||well you need to use it and pay it ON TIME every month !! and dont be late on sending on the payments !!|||payments that are on time|||no just call and ask them to increase ur limit

No comments:

Post a Comment