Monday, December 12, 2011

I just just applied for a capital one credit card, how do I show proof of my credit limit to credit bureau?

I just just applied for a capital one credit card and did not know that they don't report your credit score to 3 major credit bureau, if I did know then I would of not applied for Capital One. So how do I notify and show proof to the 3 major credit bureau what my credit limit is for Capital One? So I don't have to risk lowering my credit score? Does anyone have any hints about Capital One?|||Yes. Cap1 does not report your limit.





This is important because, without a credit limit reported, your fico score is determined by arbitrary number, in this case it will take your highest spending month and label that as your credit limit. So if that were to be 500 and the next month you spend 400, it would show that you spend 80% of your available credit, which will drop your score.





To those who think just paying off your bill month to month will raise your credit, sorry to say, are up for a rude awakening, credit is determined on a big part of the fico score. They determine it by how much load you use each month, spending below 50% of your credit limit is the fastest way to build your score. Meaning, if your limit is 500, try not to spend more tehn 250 on that card.





Solution:


option 1, is to like some have said, max it to your current limit given, so if 3k is your limit, spend 2900. But only do this if your are sure that you can pay it off in one swoop, or you may rish putting yourself into further debt in which case defeats this entire purpose.





option 2, get another card that reports your limit. I've read that cap1 has some very shady practices like raiseing your interest rates and lowering you credit limit without any notice.





hope tat helps|||For what reason, or who told you, to provide that info to the credit bureau? They will not add it in anywhere. When you get your first statement, it will show your credit limit, balance, and available credit. You can mail that in for proof. You can also show this statement to a creditor if you're applying for new credit. However, it's it's not reporting your credit limit, then it's also not calculating your credit usage for that account. That might be in your favor, when calculating your Fico score.|||Capital One reports to all of the 'big 3' credit bureaus. But they do NOT report credit limits. I have 5 credit reports on my desk that have Cap 1 accts on them. None of them have a reported credit limit. This has the effect of deflating your score. I would cancel it. You may take a hit on your credit report for it, but it is likely that your credit will get hurt worse just by having it. Get another card and you won't be affected much. Build credit with the other one that you sign up for. I would steer well clear of them.


Good luck!|||While Capital One doe's report to all of the credit bureaus they do not report credit limits.





What you need to do is make copies of your agreement with Capital One where they stated your credit limit and send these to all three credit bureaus.





This should solve the problem.|||capone report to all 3 credit bureau they do not report credit limit. best way to prove your limit is max them then pay them off.if u have $500 cl spend $495.$495 is your limit.|||I don't think there is anything you can do about it. Unless you run up a high balance on the card and then pay it off in full, (they report high balance) but I really don't recommend it because you could end up in major debt by doing that. I have heard that Cap 1 is going to start reporting credit limits by the end of the year, although I'll believe it when I see it.|||why do you have to show the credit limit..I don't understand your question? If you pay your payments on time...and they don't report anyway.....I think you should just return the credit card apply somewhere else|||I avoid capitol one like the plague! They sent me a statement with a zero balance, which is all good, but I never signed up for a card. I was on hold for an hour, talked to 4 different people explaining the situation, then got attitude when I told them to cancel the card because I never signed up for it. Be warned about Capitol One.|||Capital One reports to the credit bureaus. I am not sure where you are getting your information from.

No comments:

Post a Comment