Monday, December 12, 2011

Is it possible to make a purchase above my credit card limit by adding extra money on?

Here is what I mean:





My credit card balance is $0, and the limit is $1200.





I would like to make a one-time purchase of $2500 at an online vacation site, but I'd prefer not to increase my credit limit.





So can I just make a payment of $2500, which would put my balance at -$2500 owing, and then spend that full amount? Basically I have the cash but need to make a credit card purchase since it's online.|||It will depend on the credit card. I would definately ask before making this move. I had a credit balance on one of my credit cards but it still only showed that my available credit was equal to my credit limit. I would go to the bank and get a prepaid visa card for the purpose of paying the amount. Then you don't have to worry about having the $2500 tied up for a month and possibly not being able to use it.|||Yes.|||Call your CC company and tell them, what you want to do..they will more than likely help you|||Have a look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment