Thursday, December 8, 2011

Why doesn't discover increase my credit limit without a hard credit pull?

I dont get it. I have a 790 fico score. Never missed a payment and my income is about 3x my total available credit limit of my two credit cards. Citibank constantly raises my credit limit but Discover never has. Anybody know why this would be?|||What kind of usage and/or balances are you carrying? The fastest way to increase the limit on your credit card is to use about 70% of the limit and pay it in full every month. In about 6 to 9 months, they will increase your limit.





I used my Discover card for business travel and frequently had $7K or $8K balances. I always pay in full and they automatically increased my limit. I never asked and they never did a hard inquiry.|||That has always been their way. Dropped that card about 20 yrs ago for their stupidity

No comments:

Post a Comment