Thursday, December 15, 2011

My credit limit lowered on my credit card because of too many credit checks?

So my credit limit was lowered on my business credit card because too many checks were done on my credit and because of the length of time on my credit account.


I have no idea why this is going on. I have 2 credit cards and haven't done anything in months that requires a credit check. They said it might be because of pre-approved credit cards i receive in the mail.


What can i do about this?|||Yes, credit checks will lower your score, but only temporarily (unless you keep getting them).





It will go back up.|||I think you should call them and tell them that you're a good customer and think you are being treated unfairly, and if they don't raise back your credit limit you will stop using their credit card and start using your other credit cards. And tell them if you have a balance that you will be transferring it to the other cards. Ask to speak to the supervisor if the person you first talk to doesn't help. Also if you carry a balance you might as well see if they can reduce your interest rate at the same time, using the same threat - especially if your other card has a lower rate.|||pre approved are really not pre approved


those types of mailing are merely saying that you might meet a certain profile, they still need you to fill out and then they do a hard pull on your record





inquiry's from CC companies are soft pulls and do not affect you credit history





hard pulls do


and those are always done with your permission or are part of an agreement when you open a up a credit line or credit card|||I noticed the same thing from some credit card companies. They keep running checks on cards that I don't use. It's annoying.


JcPenny - did a check like every 3 months even when I didnt use it.


I called them and asked them why????? Then I just closed the account. My citibank visa only does a check like once a year, and I actually use it - so that's ok.


It seems like its store visa %26amp; mc cards that do this. Get rid of them.


/|||Pre approval checks by companies are called soft pulls and they have no affect on your score, only hard pulls do as in if you request one for a company. pulls by pre approved offer have nothing to do with your credit score

No comments:

Post a Comment