Monday, December 12, 2011

Is it ok to go over your credit limit on your credit card once?

I want to buy a few pairs of Jimmy Choo shoes online and I have to put my credit card info to do that. It's going to be about $250.00 over my current credit limit. I have the money in cash, but since I have to use my credit card, I was wondering if going over the limit by $250 is allowed. And, if I pay it off right away in full, is that ok or will it hurt my credit score?|||That is going to cost you a fortune for those shoes.





You will get a fee, probably between $39 to $49.





If you currently enjoy a low rate on the card you could be jeopardizing that for going over the limit (refer to any and all notices about your card to see). Most credit card companies now charge between 25% and 40% interest rates on accounts that have gone into default on the contract.





Going over your credit limit is defaulting on the contract you hold with the credit card company. Send the money in to them, wait until it appears on your account, and then buy the shoes.|||You should just ask for a cedit increase.

Report Abuse


|||it wont hurt your credit score, but you will get a huge fine for going over the limit..if you have the cash, i would use it, or go online to your credit card account and pay it that way first..you dont want to start going over the limit, cuz once you start, you may do it again.|||pay cash!!!!! use your debit card!!!! better yet, cut up that credit card and/or pay it off, credit cards are satan, a friend of mine says, when they say Freedom or Free, they're lying just like "satan"|||NO!!!! it looks really bad! It's also not good to carry or have a balance over 30% of your availible credit. Just wait or apply for another credit card.|||It will hurt your score. You would be better off to show a bit of self control, pay the 250 to the credit card an then buy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment